Wednesday, April 9, 2008

the power of RUN

I love to run. I know some people, my husband included, don't really get running. He says that there is no reason to run, unless someone is chasing him. But for me it is therapeutic. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done, I love the changes I see in my body the longer, faster, and more I run. And I love to be outside. So when I skip a day I really feel it.

This past week I skipped 2 days in a row. Sunday we did family things all day, and Monday Jonah was sick so I stayed with him. Needless to stay that by Tuesday afternoon I was really not feeling like myself. I was feeling like a frustrated, tired, and irritable version of me. We were supposed to go play family tennis yesterday, but my wonderful husband, knowing the state I was in let me go for a run, all by myself, instead. Around the last mile, I suddenly realized that all of the junk that I had been feeling the past couple of days was gone.

I felt transformed. I went from being Frankenstein's monster to my real self again. I love running!!

No comments: