Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my little blessings

There is something so special and sweet about the moment a child wakes up. Jonah was in our bed this morning and when he heard the alarm go off he asked me if it was time to wake up. I pushed snooze, and told him not quite yet. Then we snuggled down under the covers and he let me hold him and stroke his arm.

And then this morning, when Gid woke up from his nap, he had the sweetest expression on his face. He was so happy to see me, so glad to be awake. He had a little red mark on his cheek from where he had been laying and he reached for me with his pudgy baby hands. I held him and hugged him and kissed him. He rested his head on my shoulder and I felt so blessed to be his mom.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Beautiful.. so beautiful...
the photo is wonderful too:)