Wednesday, April 16, 2008

little black dress

I have an occasion this weekend to which I must were a nice dress. Every woman (and for those of us who are married, our husbands too) know how difficult it can be finding "the perfect" dress. I don't really like to shop. I have a shopping threshold. There comes a point when I have reached my limit, and I have no desire or will to try even one more thing on. I am done. I have heard the term marathon shoppers...I am NOT one of them.


So, Mike gave me the whole night to go dress hunting and I felt confident that I would be able to find something. I called my sisters and Mom and asked them to pray for me and then I said a prayer that I would find something quickly and on sale. I had only two criteria: I wanted it to be black, and I wanted it to be timeless. That's all.


The first store I went in was J. Crew. No black dress; no problem. I moved on to Ann Taylor. They had about 3 black dresses. I tried on the first one- no way. I tried on the 2nd one---this was the one!!!! Just for kicks I tried on the 3rd, but it didn't work. I couldn't believe it. I even told the sales women who was helping me, "I'm not sure." She asked me why and I told her that it was just too easy. I mean I'd only been shopping for 30 minutes or less!!! I thought about it long and hard and finally bought it. Still in shock I phoned my sister who gave me the great advice of going to a couple of other stores to be sure this was "the one." I did and it is!


I don't know why I ever doubted. Every time I pray before I shop, God ALWAYS allows me to find exactly what I need. He is so faithful and this was one more example of how much he loves me. He loves me enough to allow me to find a dress that I adore, that I feel pretty in, and that was even on sale: 50% off!!!!







5 comments:

Tricia said...

So glad you found your little black dress! yea! It looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

blah, blah, blah

Betty said...

Sarah, I hope your special occasion this weekend is lots of fun. I'm sure you'll look stunning!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so pleased that you found a nice dress, and in so little time. Like you, I can't stand to spend much time in the store. This happened to me once before, and I marveled over it for days :)

Reidy Mac said...

That dress is ugly...
jk
- your favorie neph