Monday, April 21, 2008

my husband

I love my husband. For me, he is perfect. And there are times when we are going through the day to day stuff of life when I stop and realize what a wonderful man he is.

This past weekend we attended an event at which he was honored for his outstanding performance over the past year. I was so proud of him. Not only for his accomplishments at work, but for the way he carried himself around his peers, how he was genuinely respected by his employees, and how much he makes me laugh.
Maybe the best quality about him though is how comfortable he is in his own skin. The same man that was poised and polished can also mow the grass and grill out burgers for his family. He is such a good dad too. I love how he patiently teaches the boys to play tennis, how he wrestles with them right before bed time, how he can turn any job into a game, and how he's never too busy to kiss and cuddle them.
I am so blessed when God gives me little glimpses into how perfect this man is for me and for our children. I thank God for allowing us to find each other so early in life, so that the rest of our lives can be so full. I love my husband!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your inspirational thoughts. i look forward to reading your blog every day and what you said today and yesterday is a good reminder to be thankful for the "little" things, which are really the BIG things in life. Also, be sure to save your writings somewhere permanently as they will be special to look back on in the years to come!

Reidy Mac said...

THAT. IS. SO. SWEET. U know the whole love and hands barely attached thing... its so... you know... it makes me want to cry.

; )
your favorite neph