Friday, June 20, 2008

painting with Rosie

. Today I have a guest blogger. Rosie went over to my neighbor and good friend, Tricia's house for an art lesson. Here is her experience in her own words:

Today, like Sarah said I went over to Tricia's house for an art lesson. First I picked out one of Tricia's paintings that I wanted to learn how to do. Then we got right to work. I sketched my painting with chalk and then started to paint. I started mod pauging the skirt and then painting the face. Next Tricia said to start doing the umbrella. Just then Sarah came over to see our progress and gave me the idea of doing the checkered pattern on the umbrella. After that we did the background and then the hair(which by the way is the same color as mine). Before long it was time for the final touches like, painting the sides of the canvas and writing my name in the corner. In 4 hours I had created a masterpiece...my masterpiece, and here it is!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie, your painting looks really GOOD! I'm glad you enjoyed your painting time---I'm Tricia's mom and even though I seldom paint anything, I know the feeling of happiness that comes from painting something that you was fun to do. Keep up the good work :)

Heather Raven said...

Yay!!! Good job Rosie. I could never do anything like that. We sure can't wait until you come home. I called your mom about babysitting tonight and totally forgot that you were with Sarah. Can't wait until Grandma and Grandpa come to get you. We love you,
Aunt Heather

Anonymous said...

Rosie,
It was such fun spending time with you today and you did such a great job on your umbrella girl! She is so cute!
Look forward to seeing what you come up with on your next masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

Rosie- Your painting is so cute, and well done. Maybe you can put it up in your room when you get back- the colors will look great. Love you, Tina :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Rosie that looks awesome! I'm impressed. I paint like a 5 year old.

beckyviz said...

Great painting, Rosie! We really miss you. Rachel keeps asking when you are coming home. Can't wait to see you!