Tuesday, February 23, 2010

my little engineer


Gideon has always had a love of figuring things out. When he was very young, I remember him finding a toy in the living room that was missing a very small part. The next thing I knew he was scooting down the stairs with the missing piece and then fixing the toy. It seems like he has a particular knack for engineering.

Recently though, he has taken this ability to a whole other level.

I went to warm something up and found pennies in the microwave. I went to use the bathroom and found Legos in the toilet. And yesterday morning while I was washing my hands, the water was draining so slowly that I took the plunger to the sink, only to discover that a strand of Mardi Gras beads had been funneled down the drain.

Of course I had to correct him for each of these incidents, but it makes me wonder: "Is this tendency something that he will have forever? What might he grow up to be?"

No comments: