Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of the Lenten season. What's great and different about this Lent is the awareness that the boys are developing. They are old enough to understand what this season means.

We talked at the dinner table about how Lent precedes Easter and how Jesus died and rose again. During the discussion they were contributing just as much as Mike and I. Although Jonah was a little sketchy about the resurrection. He said Jesus died and then came to life 5 hours later.

But I feel like this year- they get it. And with that realization came the reality that my children are growing up. (sniff, sniff)


I'm really looking forward to this Lenten season. I feel like God is going to be present to our family in a new and deeper way. We are ready!


No comments: