Thursday, February 25, 2010

Joy


I have just finished re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia and once again I am in awe of the genius of C.S. Lewis. He writes with such insight into the human heart and our relationship with Christ. I was struck time and time again by the parallels of the series with our own salvation.

It sometimes makes my cry. It makes me cry out of pity for our nation and how cruel and misled we can be. It makes me cry because we have our very own Aslan who brings so much good out in us. It makes me cry because it is so beautifully and completely written.

I think my most favorite parts are at the end of The Magicians Nephew and the end of The Last Battle. Even though both books tell the story of a deep evil, there is that overwhelming message of hope. "What I give you now will bring joy."

Oh, if only we could be open always to the adventure that Christ has in store for us if we would follow his will. Think of all the joy!

1 comment: