Thursday, May 22, 2008

taking it easy

Yesterday, after much anticipation, Mike finally put up his hammock. He has been talking about putting a hammock up in the backyard for awhile now, and yesterday he finally made it happen. The boys were so cute, waiting for Daddy to finish securing the hammock. When he was sure it was safe he put the boys in. They loved it.
And then it was Daddy's turn to relax. Here is a picture of Mike enjoying the fruits of his labor. It was a bit of a process getting the hammock securely fashioned. At first it was too low, then too low again, then it wasn't secure enough (I was the one to figure this out, and I have the bruises to prove it!), but then finally it was ready. Mike was so patient the entire time. He just kept moving it up, tightening, never getting discouraged. I can not say that I would have had that same attitude. In fact, when I fell, I was so upset and hurt that I told Mike, "Just forget it!" But he didn't and now we have a peaceful hammock in our yard. His persistence and patience were a good lesson for me to watch. Like many things in life when we persevere, the rewards are always worth the effort.

No comments: