Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gideon


Gideon is at such a special age. He is in the imitating stage of toddler hood. If you make a sound or give something a name he will do his best to make the same sound. Of course, in his mind he is saying exactly what we have just said, but we hear something a bit different. He also tries to do everything we are doing. When Mike is in the shower, he hikes his chubby little leg up and tries to join his daddy. When the boys jump off the edge of part of our yard and into a pile of leaves, he wants to jump too. He picks up the remote control and plays Lego Star Wars with his brothers. He thinks he is much older than his 15 months, and I love him for it.

I love when he folds his hands and prays before eating. I love how he points to the door and says, "ouh-sigh." I love how he pushes the wet clothes into the dryer and then closes it up when he is done. I love how he starts bouncing and bobbing whenever there is music. I love how he cuddles in bed with Mike & I while saying, "ahh" in a high pitched grunt. And I love how he laughs just because we are laughing and he wants to be a part of the fun. He is the sweetest baby and I thank God for my personal ray of sunshine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was really a sweet blog! I can't wait to meet you at the party and more. Keep writing your precious thoughts!