Thursday, July 10, 2008

the dentisit

The bigger boys had a routine dentist appointment yesterday and I was a bit nervous. I know that they are good, well-behaved boys, but you just never know when someone will suffer a meltdown. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. They were excellent.
It was such a wonderful experience. (How often can you say that about a dentist visit?!) The boys were extremely well behaved, even Gideon. Every person on the staff smiled when they saw us coming and kept saying how cute and good they were. One lady, Bessie, even stole Gideon away for awhile to show him to another hygienist. Even when they were being a little rowdy ("quietly" racing down the hallway), the office ladies were commenting on how well behaved they were.
As a parent, this was something that I needed. What a great affirmation of our parenting! It was so nice to have our children act exactly like I wanted them to, the moment that I wanted them to.

No comments: