Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a post long overdue

Wow, it has been so long since I've posted anything. And I have good reason... just hear me out. As you know, Rosie stayed 3 weeks with us, culminating in my Grandparents and brother Jonathan picking her up. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend including LOTS of domino playing, swimming, Mahjong (Grams is the champ!), and of course eating. I had such a wonderful time, and it was nice to end Rosie's visit with a bang!

The Friday when they arrived, Mike received a phone call from someone he used to work for in GA offering him a position in my home town. When I first heard about the offer I was shocked and immediately thought, "no." I was so overwhelmed. I feel so comfortable here in this house, in this city, that I didn't really want to give all that up. But what happened over the next few days changed my mind. Not only did we have everyone we knew praying for us to make a Godly decision, but Mike and I spent hours upon hours talking through the pros & cons of moving. Finally we came to the joint conclusion that we needed to move! (Even as I write this, I'm overcome with how huge this decision was!)

So here we go again. We have moved 5 times since we have been married (not counting the 2 times we moved within the same city), and it is getting really old. One of our hopes in moving this time, is that it will be our last. The good thing about moving so much though, is that we are pros at it. We know exactly what we need to do in order to get the house "sale ready", and I now know that as I go through closets, drawers, and attics, if there is stuff in there that we haven't used since we moved here...throw it out. We have become very streamlined in what we keep.

So that is why I haven't posted in so long, I have been sorting, cleaning, organizing, trashing, good-willing, and just flat out being exhausted. Please keep us in your prayers over the next weeks, and months. Pray that our house will sell... quickly, and that God will bless our moving and our family. Thank you in advance... God will be faithful!

2 comments:

Heather Raven said...

Yay! Yay! YAY!!!! O-kay, I am not even going to comment of the fact that we wereen't called to pray for you about this, but...YAY!!! I can't wait. If we can help with anything please let us know. So excited. Dinner at our house anytime you want it.

Love you,
Heather

Anonymous said...

yes.. we did not recieve a prayer request email or call either..

SO excited (jealous).. that you get to be close to family and friends!!

happy moving.. yet again!