Thursday, March 5, 2009

making daddy proud

Two different things happened today that would make any father beam with pride. When I picked Gideon up from Mothers Day Out, his teacher asked me if we watched Braves baseball. I told her no, that we were Mets fans, but my curiosity was piqued. I asked her why she thought that and she told me that Gideon began to chant and do the "tomahawk chop" all of a sudden today during lunch. I started laughing and explained to her that while we weren't Braves fans, we are in fact HUGE Florida State fans. Then when I asked Gid what Florida State says, he began to do it again. We raise 'em young here!

And then this afternoon whilst I was doing yet another load of laundry, I discovered 2 ball markers in the dryer. I sometimes find a ball marker, tee, or divot repair tool in Mikes pants, but these ball markers had come out of a load of the boys laundry! Mike has been taking the boys to play golf or playing yard golf pretty regularly, so I wasn't surprised.

What a great day for a Mike: first one of his boys knows his favorite team's chant, and second another son is just as dedicated to a sport that he loves so very much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whatever... you know that he's a braves fan...
love ro-ro