Monday, March 22, 2010

the battle

We have a pool. And its great. I really love it... in the summertime. But during the colder months when the pool is not in use and we cover it up- I hate the pool! The cover is good because it keeps unwanted leaves and debris out of the pool. However, when it rains the cover is the bane of my existence. I feel like the pool cover and I have been in an epic battle. Me, the diligent homeowner who is trying to maintain a clean & neat outdoor space. Against the pool cover that is constantly filling up with dirty, standing water.

So today- I ended the war. I pumped all of the water out of the cover and took off the pool cover! The feeling I have now that the cover is off and put away is amazing. I feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off of my shoulders- and the pool looks awesome.

The boys were so excited when I brought them home from school and the pool was uncovered. They really wanted to jump in, but not quite yet!

No comments: