Saturday, September 19, 2009

sisters that run together...

My sister Mary and I are training for a 1/2 marathon. We are following a training schedule and today we had to run 12 miles. Even though it was tough- we did it! Not only did we run the distance we were scheduled to run, but we ran it fast- our personal best!

I have such a wonderful sense of accomplishment. I mean I just ran 12 miles! How cool is that? But what makes the achievement even more sweet was that I was able to share it with my sister. We have been running together on & off for about a 9 months and it has really strengthened our relationship. I'm so grateful that I get to share this with her. Love you Mary!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thanks,Sar! I actually got teary eyed reading your blog. It made me realize all that we've done and how hard we have worked...together! What an accomplishment...couldn't imagine sharing it with anyone else...love you, too!! Thanks for being my motivation and inspiration!